Dear Patients and Families,
We know your life, and the lives of your loved ones, have been affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. During this time, it is more crucial than ever that you can take care of yourself and your family. Our practice has one simple message:
We are still here for you.
We want to make sure all of our patients know that our providers are available for essential in-person appointments, testing and treatments. We have been working hard to adjust our approach to be able to provide excellent care to all of our patients through this pandemic.
It is understandable that you may have concerns about coming to a doctor’s office right now – but it is important not to put your healthcare needs on hold. We are here to take care of all of our patients. We want to answer your questions, let you know what to expect when you visit our office and how you can use telehealth.
I need to see a provider in person, but I’m concerned about being exposed to COVID-19. What are you doing to protect patients?
Please do not risk your health by delaying care. Our practice is taking every possible precaution to make sure patients are still able to access the same safe, high-quality care that our patients expect. Here is what we are doing to reduce exposure:
- All staff and patients wear masks and other appropriate protective equipment while in our facilities
- All patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms before arriving for their visit
- We ask that patients be very detailed when explaining symptoms so our staff can make sure they are scheduling your appointment appropriately
- We offer sick and well appointment times
- We have a designated sick provider from 3pm – 5pm to treat patients who are suffering from fever, cough and other illnesses
- All providers and staff are screened for COVID-19 symptoms before entering the office
- Social distancing measures will be enforced if there are patients in waiting areas
- We have limited visitors to our office to help us maintain safety standards
- All of our sites are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized throughout the day
- We are abiding by local and state public health recommendations
Are you still offering telehealth?
Yes. Telehealth is a good option for our patients who prefer to see their providers from home and do not require to be in the office for diagnostic testing, lab work or treatments. If you are not sure whether you need an in-office or a telehealth visit, you can contact our office for assistance.
What is the best way to make an appointment?
- Call our office for scheduling assistance
We are honored to be a part of your care and are here for you. We will get through these difficult times together and look forward to being able to open our doors more fully and seeing you in person again. Please stay in touch as you need us.
Our best to you and your loved ones,
The Providers and Staff at WFPA, PLLC