Rex Healthcare has provided medical care to our community since 1894. Upon its opening in the old Governor Manly House, founder John Rex’s dream of providing care to the “sick and afflicted poor” became a reality.
Over the past 120 years, Rex has met the healthcare needs of the people in Raleigh, Wake County and beyond. The sophistication of treatments has progressed far beyond what could have been imagined. Today, Rex Healthcare is a technologically-advanced community hospital backed by the extensive capabilities of UNC Health Care.
Parents, caregivers and pediatricians far and wide trust WakeMed to care for their children and patients. They are one of the most experienced, well-respected hospitals for children in North Carolina. In fact, each year, we expect to serve more than 140,000 kids.
Their resources include:
- Comprehensive Children’s Hospital
- Dedicated Children’s Emergency Department
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Wake County’s Only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Highest Level Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Specialized Pediatric Development Team
- Child Life Specialists to Help Ease Fears
- Surgical Services for Routine and Advanced Procedures
- Physicial Rehabilitation Experts
- Dedicated Children’s Transport Teams and Specially Equipped Vehicle
- Vast Array of Pediatric Specialists from ENT to Infectious Disease
- Strong Relationship with Community-based Pediatricians and Specialists